Sunday, August 1, 2010

Amateur hour.


After a recent super digger I decided to purchase myself an unshiny new helmet that wasn't covered in flames and tribal artwork or cartoon beer drinking caricatures. I decided on a matte black TLD D2 I know I shoulda waited and gotten a 2011 D3 but I needed one and aside from Woms and J.T.'s designs the all black was the only goodun left so I got it. I managed to get a full day at Silver in it without incident when what was bound to happen, happened, early in the a.m whilst loading the bike I dropped it on the asphalt driveway; this pretty much set the tone for what would happen next. A short while later after 1 lackluster run disaster struck, when trying to execute a crucial stand up to sit down maneuver

I managed to kick my poor helmet from its prideful but prone position a top a saddle to the fast moving roadway below. I immediately ran to fetch it and on my way back the first thing I hear was Woms trying to make me feel better by yelling "Amateur Hour" it didn't work then and I got all pissy pants but now I have a sweet new nickname for my helmet and that's something you don't get when you take it out of the box, so for that I thank you! Also, Rob was on a mission to destroy shit and was racing even though there wasn't a race. Cat 2 kids better watch out someone's gunnin' for you and its as 'merican as apple pie and Abe Lincoln put together.
Thats all I got.
Love,
Nicky B

No comments:

Post a Comment