Saturday, August 7, 2010

Things that are awesome


Now you might be thinking to yourself either " how on earth do you come across such a terrible picture" or "I'm only 17 and bikes and boobies r awesome!!11!!1" thankfully, their are answers unfortunately the bike in question is probably Canadian and certainly designed for riding skinnies, Peter if you're reading this, this bike has your name on it. Lets break it down shall we? Yes, yes we shall. Shiver, 3" rise bars with stupid useless moto inspired brace to get your elbones way up there for the sweet skinnies your gonna be riding, sweet 2" thick platform pedals cause bikes don't reach 55lbs with ease they are most likely connected to old school BMX cranks with a titanium spindle bro and an original MRP chain guide. I wish the photo had more detail so I could go into what is certainly the heaviest most retarded wheel/tire combo ever devised behold the Sun Rims Double Track and Nokian Gazzalodian 3.0" tire ahh those were the days. To round out the skinny riding combo dude was sure to include the Azonic Love Seat so big its constantly in the way and looks like it was designed by a blind person. The saving grace for the photo is the chick which begs the question, who on earth had the money to pay this chick to pose next to said skinny bike. We all know the last person to make any money riding skinnies was Richie Schley and even he has seen the light recently (sorta). Whatever the case may be I'm glad that Spokane is 10 years behind the times on "the scene". Instead we have to rely on dudes like Peter and Alec, who although in it for the right reasons, don't have the best grip on what needs to happen... Case in point, when asked about building a new DH trail I got the endless barrage of this, this, this, and this have to be done before we can clean up trash and do an environmental impact survey. Awesome. I don't really know what brought this post about, I just happened across it in between looking at boobies or radness like this:

and it reminded me of an important conversation I had with team Captain and all around dude Woms the other day. Recently I made the mistake of selling my fork without having another one lined up, that being said I was checking out my options and somehow in my delusional and other wise mentally incapacitated state I thought it a good idea to go with upside down forks instead of the tried and proven World Cup winning Kashima coated beauty that is the 2011 Fox 40. He quickly reminded me of why he had magic in his fingers, although rad; not by choice. Upside down forks don't win races, next if I'm not careful I'm gonna be caught up on the racecourse listening to Nickelback without a care in the world. Thanks for talking some sense into me buddy, and if anyone was wondering: if you buy an upside down fork, you're off the team.
Your Public Servant and helpful bike decision maker,
Nicky B

No comments:

Post a Comment